New messages Members Forum rules Search
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kostova  
uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » Other » Off-topic » Any good hints on how to study material for test? (sml[Default])
Any good hints on how to study material for test?
YoshoDate: Monday, 2009 October 19, 8:53 PM | Message # 1
Font size: A | A |
Sergeant
Group: User
[ ]
most of us here go to school and have our own ways to study materials for tests, some can memorize or learn stuff faster than others and for some it just takes forever to get prepared for the test.

my question is which you probably figured out from the title is how the best way to memorize material for your test? If some of you have their own methods or styles to study for the tests please provide them in this thread.
note methods may vary from person to person meaning one method may work for one person and not for the other one.

i myself a slow learner and it takes me up to two days to learn a chapter where others it takes three hours.

so, how do you study for your test?

Edited ByYosho - Monday, 2009 October 19, 8:58 PM

BrazenDate: Tuesday, 2009 October 20, 10:04 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrator
[ ]
The best way for me to learn is to write/graph stuff out. I can't remember stuff that well if I just repeat them five times.
Why write it out? When you writing or drawing out the process of something you brain seems to recognize it and remember it well then if you just were to repeat it ten times.
When I write stuff down while tying to memorize it the seems to register in my head, sometimes I can't remember the answer during the test so I just start to write stuff out and having epiphanies.
Like Yosho said it varies from person to person, some are visual learners some are not, I am personally a visual learner.

Also, take breaks while you are studying, take me for instance I can cover a lot of info. in an hour something if I won't take a break my brain just doesn't seem to function and I can stare at one page for hours and not make any progress.

Well, this is my method of learning stuff, just know that practice makes everything perfect.

LOL With Us! l Game Blog l 3D Autos

"knowledge without wisdom is curse" Alex Seb

kostovaDate: Tuesday, 2009 October 20, 10:25 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
[ ]
Umm...don't study, and an hour before the test, go the library and use sparknotes tongue just kidding.
Do what Brazen suggested ha.

BadBoyDate: Wednesday, 2009 October 21, 1:34 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: uCozer
[ ]
Brazen, u mean u just staring at one page doing nothing? what do u do during the breaks, any kind of exercise u r peforming?

BrazenDate: Wednesday, 2009 October 21, 1:49 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
[ ]
Quote (BadBoy)
u mean u just staring at one page doing nothing?

Well, most of the type day dreaming about something else!

Quote (BadBoy)
what do u do during the breaks, any kind of exercise u r peforming?

I check this forum during the break or watch one episode of some show, for ex. Heroes, House, Fringe, SG1, SG U, Family Guy.... all found on Hulu.
and than back to studying.

LOL With Us! l Game Blog l 3D Autos

"knowledge without wisdom is curse" Alex Seb

YoshoDate: Wednesday, 2009 October 21, 7:17 AM | Message # 6
Sergeant
[ ]
thank you Brazen
anyone else have something to add?

Edited ByYosho - Wednesday, 2009 October 21, 9:22 PM

AltricDate: Thursday, 2009 October 22, 4:29 AM | Message # 7
Major
Group: uCozer
[ ]
FLASH CARDS!

"When you get frustrated, just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."

YoshoDate: Friday, 2009 October 23, 2:56 AM | Message # 8
Sergeant
[ ]
Quote (Altric)
FLASH CARDS!

i used to use flash cards the only problem is that it takes me a while to create them, not a really sufficient method if teacher gives you material to study and the test will be in two days.

uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » Other » Off-topic » Any good hints on how to study material for test? (sml[Default])
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyrights uCozers 2009 - 2024 To TOP
Refresh Smileys Manager