New messages Members Forum rules Search
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kostova  
uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » General Questions » A [/hide] question (sml[answered])
A [/hide] question
EasyShareZDate: Saturday, 2009 November 14, 3:16 PM | Message # 1
Font size: A | A |
Sergeant
Group: User
[ ]
Is there some sort of script where when members post any and all links can be [ hide ] [ /hide ] automatically.

Any help in this would be very much thanked.

EZ

Edited ByEasyShareZ - Saturday, 2009 November 14, 3:17 PM

AltricDate: Saturday, 2009 November 14, 3:33 PM | Message # 2
Major
Group: uCozer
[ ]
I'm pretty sure you could use conditional operators to accomplish this.

"When you get frustrated, just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."

EasyShareZDate: Saturday, 2009 November 14, 3:35 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
[ ]
I know I can set the settings for none users to not see things, I was wondering if there is a script we can use to Auto hide the links when people make a post.

AltricDate: Saturday, 2009 November 14, 3:38 PM | Message # 4
Major
Group: uCozer
[ ]
What do you mean? That if someone posts a link and they don't want people to see. But than there wouldn't be a point in posting a link. wacko

"When you get frustrated, just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."

EasyShareZDate: Saturday, 2009 November 14, 3:42 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
[ ]
You must not understand, when making a post and you use the hide /hide on the links, Only logged in members may see things.

So I am trying to come up with a script for when a member makes a posting there http's will auto be set with the [ hide] [ /hide]

kostovaDate: Saturday, 2009 November 14, 8:25 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Group: Administrator
[ ]
Not to offend anyone here, but I see this unusual request as useless. Hiding links would only reduce your members likeliness of coming back, let alone actually take their time in registering if they come and find out everytime, they would have to login. Kind of tedious if you ask me.
But to answer your question, a cheap way to do this is by css.
- Define a class/id to individual post containers.
- Use a relative pathway to css a-tag.

The only downside to this is, there would be no "Guest Can't See This Link. Register". Because we are using css to hide links, even padding would still enable them to click the text-link you have hidden.
And I highly doubt there is a script that would cancel out links in a particular area and not the whole page.
This might help, link.

EasyShareZDate: Saturday, 2009 November 14, 8:57 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
[ ]
Guest are NOT to view links, only logged in members are to view links. Guest can view pages and see the site, but they are not to view the links till they are logged in

Quote (kostova)
Not to offend anyone here, but I see this unusual request as useless. Hiding links would only reduce your members likeliness of coming back, let alone actually take their time in registering if they come and find out every time, they would have to logged in. Kind of tedious if you ask me.

All sites has what another might think as useless things, but for that site might be a very useful thing.

Yes, they must log in, just like it is on MOST of rapidshare sites.

But I do want the logged in members to be able to view all. I have permissions set that way, but I am just trying to find a script for when a member makes a post the links are auto [ hide] [ /hide], so they don't have to be reminded to hide their links.

Thank you
EZ

Edited ByEasyShareZ - Saturday, 2009 November 14, 9:02 PM

kostovaDate: Sunday, 2009 November 15, 0:08 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
[ ]
Available for users only
Quote (Altric)
if someone posts a link and they don't want people to see. But than there wouldn't be a point in posting a link.
Available for users only

Available for users only

EasyShareZDate: Sunday, 2009 November 15, 1:57 AM | Message # 9
Sergeant
[ ]
Thank you for your advice, but still didn't render to my question, but I totally understand, is something you can not help with.

Topic closed, will not ask again, sorry to disturb with dumb questions...

Thank you anyways
EZ

Edited ByEasyShareZ - Sunday, 2009 November 15, 1:57 AM

kostovaDate: Sunday, 2009 November 15, 9:03 AM | Message # 10
Colonel
[ ]
It's totally alright to ask, but since there is no way to edit message links in forum, you should use something else, possibly make another module look similar to a forum.

EasyShareZDate: Monday, 2009 November 16, 3:02 PM | Message # 11
Sergeant
[ ]
Well, thank you for your effort, But please keep in mind, What is useless to one might be very useful to another. We all have things we would like to do on our own sites and this is what makes it work.
It discouraged me some when you stated my question was USELESS. And not all are smart enough to Google items and it isn't very smart to Google a lot of rapid links do to ad attachments.
I thought my question was a legit one and could be very useful to a lot of those others that have similar sites.
Your one reply of the let me Google that for you Google link, I felt that was insulting to me. It was really useless as it wasn't what I was looking for. As I was looking to find out if there was a way to make links that people post have a auto [hide ] on them.

I do thank you for your effort though and yes, this forum has been a lot of help in several other sections. But I am starting to feel like I have asked to much and will stop asking.

I thank you for your time,
EZ

uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » General Questions » A [/hide] question (sml[answered])
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyrights uCozers 2009 - 2024 To TOP
Refresh Smileys Manager