New messages Members Forum rules Search
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kostova  
uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » Forum » Smiley's FAQ. (sml[Default])
Smiley's FAQ.
Z10Date: Friday, 2009 June 26, 7:55 PM | Message # 1
Font size: A | A |
Major
Group: uCozer
[ ]
The Smiley's FAQ!

Q. - Is it possible to change the smileys in the box near the reply form so i can show the ones i uploaded.
A. - No those are default they cannot be removed or changed.

Q. - Can I add my own Smiley's?
A. - Yes you can Actually, All you have to do is go to the File Manager and click 'create a new folder' button. Name the Folder "sml" (without quotes). Upload your smiley's here, you cannot have more than 100 Custom Smileys. Make sure if you upload any that they are .gif format or they will not work.

Q. - How can i remove all Smileys.
A. - Forbid User from seeing smiley's, using the Control Panel.

I don't like any of the original set's can i remove them..
A. - See the answer to the first question.

Q. - The first "sml" folder is full, i want to add more smileys. Can i make sml2 and so on?
A. - This will not work, you can only have 100 custom smiley's, if you want to add more delete the ones you don't like.

Q. - How can i add smiley's to the original set?
A. - Using the Smiley's editor in the Control Panel.

Q. - I've added my own smiley's (using the smiley's editor) but i want to change them, when i tried it won't work.
A. - You cannot Edit Smiley's my advice to delete them and re-upload them.

Q. - Some of my User's won't stop spamming smiley's, can i make it where they can only post 10.
A. - No you cannot limit the amount of smiley's. Although you can take action against that user or user's. You can also just forbid them from everyone.

Q. - I've download a nice set of smiley's in the sml folder using the file manager, and wanted to use them on the forums. But they didn't work, what do i do now?
A. - You have to go to the control panel, click forum, then common settings and on set of smiley's click "Custom Set". If this doesn't work try this. Go to the control panel, click page editor, common settings, then for set of smiley's, and click "Custom Set".

Q. - One of the Emoticons on my site doesn't show up. It's this one <_< .
A. - This is a common problems on ucoz, i think it comes from enabling HTML tags on the post.

If you have another question or think i should add something to this guide, please post it here or pm me.

"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice. Sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how you did it."

Edited ByZ10 - Friday, 2009 June 26, 8:23 PM

HetorDate: Friday, 2009 June 26, 8:04 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Banned
[ ]
Quote (Z10)
I don't like any of the original set's can i remove them or make new ones. A. - See the answer to the first question.

AFAIK you can replace it with your own. CP > Common settings > Smiley set > Choose "Custom smiley set". Then go to smiley editor. I haven't tried it by myself, but from what I heared it should work.

Z10Date: Friday, 2009 June 26, 8:25 PM | Message # 3
Major
[ ]
I know i made a typo. I meant to put just the "I don't like any of the original set's can i remove them." not the make new ones.

"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice. Sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how you did it."

HetorDate: Friday, 2009 June 26, 8:42 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Banned
[ ]
Sorry for spam, couldn't resist.

Quote (Z10)
I know i made a typo. I meant to put just the "I don't like any of the original set's can i remove them." not the make new ones.

WAT

Edited ByHetor - Friday, 2009 June 26, 8:45 PM

Z10Date: Friday, 2009 June 26, 8:45 PM | Message # 5
Major
[ ]
Ok, whatever. Can you stop getting off topic. It says.

If you have another question or think i should add something to this guide, please post it here or pm me.

uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » Forum » Smiley's FAQ. (sml[Default])
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyrights uCozers 2009 - 2024 To TOP
Refresh Smileys Manager