New messages Members Forum rules Search
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kostova  
uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » Design Customization » customizing forum category background image (sml[answered])
customizing forum category background image
starmudDate: Tuesday, 2010 November 16, 7:59 PM | Message # 1
Font size: A | A |
Private
Group: User
[ ]
i'm trying to think of or find a way to customize or change the background image that is displayed within the .gtabletop frame on the forums.

i'd like to give each category listing on the forum its own background image (random or other wise) versus using just one image for the entire .gtabletop frame that repeats.

i was originally hoping to use a simple php script to randomize the background image when the user loads the site, but haven't had any luck getting a php command to work on ucoz...

i've played around a bit with some background image randomizer's that come in javascript (image array codes aswell) but also have had no luck getting them to work...

anyone have any ideas?

thank you for your time

Edited Bystarmud - Wednesday, 2010 November 17, 4:20 AM

BrazenDate: Friday, 2010 November 19, 10:45 PM | Message # 2
Font size: A | A |
Colonel
Group: Administrator
[ ]
First of, uCoz doesn't support PHP, but does have PHP like tags aka conditional operators.
Some conditional operators can be found on the button of the templates.
Ex.
Code
<?if($code$)?> <?else?> <?endif?>

You will find this thread helpful http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-471-2285-16-1206524844

Now to answer your question, you will probably have to use ID since each category have its own unique ID. (ID can be found in url)
As for the gtabletop it can be found in CSS file.

I hope this is enough information to keep you going!

LOL With Us! l Game Blog l 3D Autos

"knowledge without wisdom is curse" Alex Seb

uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » Design Customization » customizing forum category background image (sml[answered])
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyrights uCozers 2009 - 2024 To TOP
Refresh Smileys Manager