New messages Members Forum rules Search
  • Page 1 of 1
uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » General » Announcements & Updates » uCozers Come Back (sml[info])
uCozers Come Back
jackassDate: Thursday, 2011 March 24, 0:03 AM | Message # 1
Font size: A | A |
Major general
Group: Administrator
[ ]

Hello uCozers!

We are back with a fresh design and we did some changes and still there will be many updates!

So what we did?

New design & features

• Changed our old design which was full with bugs, to a new one! If you are with us from beginning you would notice that our first design was black & white, so I decide to go back to these colours, secondary colour is yellow! This design is mixed with 2 different designs, for example, top of this design is taken from Dexter's design
    Design looks good on all browsers (tested on Opera, Firefox, IE, Google Chrome) on IE you are not able to use our graphic menu, chat room, to top button and some other features!

I didn't change anything in profile page, I will make some changes in future!

• We will use our first created uCozers logo witch you can see on top left corner. It looks very good with our new design, created by Lee, more info here

• I made a new good looking forum buttons

• Added Twitter and other social network buttons, so that you can share all pages with your friends!

• Changed all icons for forum threads, almost all are black and white! You can suggest to use new ones!

• Now we have a new Twitter account http://twitter.com/uCozers, follow us!

Forum clean up & new rules

We had 19 pages with threads, now we have 16! It means I did some clean up in forum, delete some trash!
I spend many days in this clean up, so now we will have a very strong rule! You will need to make a title for your thread very informative, or you will get a warning, for example if you make a thread with title Help help help or help me or need help or any other stupid titles you will get a warning!

Site map

I created a site map for our site http://ucozers.ucoz.com/index/site_map/0-6
Yes it's maybe little bit like uCoz official support forum site map, but I didn't copy anything, I created it my self!
The site map will be updated! I hope someone will help my with it!

Other stuff

I hope someone will apply for moderator, we need help!

I hope you like our changes and enjoy!

uCozers Staff & Administration

Attachments: 8866763.png (152.3 Kb)

Sir_Cr4pDate: Thursday, 2011 March 24, 3:09 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: User
[ ]
U've done a great job. I like the design, especially the way colors and bars are harmonized.
Quote (jackass)
black & white

The use of the KIS rule, right? KIS = Keep It Simple, bcoz its the best way to make it easy and everybody loves classic anyway. Yellow n red go well with black n white(i.e a history of photography). That counts, u did well once again.

Quote (jackass)
our first created uCozers logo

Yes, ur right the logo fits perfectly, it seems like it cant be replaced, bcoz it links black sides, white forum n top of the site. Really n1.

Quote (jackass)
a new good looking forum buttons

True, good lookin.

Quote (jackass)
Changed all icons

Good decision is to adapt icons, so it goes nicely with the rest.

As for RSS n Twitter icons...its fine, still that could be 'uCozerised' more, so we get black n white ones, it will look cool.

Quote (jackass)
or any other stupid titles you will get a warning!

'Stupid' isnt appropriate, 'silly' is.

Site map looks clear, as it has to look like.

I get the error with sum of ur scripts in 32-531-3436-9-1 (line 263)
<script type="text/javascript">
$('#frF3').css('width','auto').attr('size', 60);
$('#frM30 img').click(function(){
  $('#frM30 .selectedImg').removeClass('selectedImg');
  $(this).addClass('selectedImg')
});
if( $('#frF4').val()!='' ){
  if( $('#frF4').val().match( /sml\[\w+\]/ ) ){
  $('#threadAbout').val( $('#frF4').val().replace( $('#frF4').val().match( /sml\[(\w+)\]/ )[0], '' ) );
  $('#frM30 .selectedImg').removeClass('selectedImg');
  $('#frM30 img[src$="'+ $('#frF4').val().match( /sml\[(\w+)\]/ )[1] +'.png"]').addClass('selectedImg');
  } else $('#threadAbout').val( $('#frF4').val() );
}
function checksubmit(){
  var s = $('#frM30 .selectedImg').attr('src').match( /\/(\w*)\.png/i );
  if( s!=null ) s = 'sml['+s[1]+']'; else s='';
  $('#frF4').val( s + $('#threadAbout').val() );
  return true;
}</script>

After all if I may repeat myself, I adore the new design.

N 4 d end >>> I may post a joke, as recently I've noticed Blazen's moved 2 'Male'

describes a geo' or a mind' location? biggrin

Have a nice day.

Attachments: 0550676.jpg (29.3 Kb)

Edited BySir_Cr4p - Thursday, 2011 March 24, 3:20 PM

BrazenDate: Saturday, 2011 March 26, 11:52 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
[ ]
I really like the site map. Many users may not realize, that it takes time to compose the site map. jackass, had to go through all threads one by one in order to construct the site map.

Now about the design, it is just me talking nothing needs to be changed, just stating my opinion.
In my opinion the links the threads are ZERO visible. I can't tell link from the text.
For ex. when you said

Quote (jackass)
created by Lee, more info here

I was like, Where? I mean users still will be able to adopt over time, but if I was searching for a link in one of the threads it would take me some time to hover over through all the lines of text to find that link.

I think the text in the threads are too small, if I had to read many threads my eyes would probably get tired.
I seen that some sites have a feature where users can increase the size of the text.

Again this is just me, some users might disagree with me and say that it is perfect as it is.

LOL With Us! l Game Blog l 3D Autos

"knowledge without wisdom is curse" Alex Seb

jackassDate: Saturday, 2011 March 26, 4:08 PM | Message # 4
Major general
[ ]
Quote (Brazen)
In my opinion the links the threads are ZERO visible. I can't tell link from the text.

Since I made secondary colour yellow I didn't want to use it on links, because its not possible to read as well, I guess I can make links with underline smile

Quote (Brazen)
I think the text in the threads are too small, if I had to read many threads my eyes would probably get tired.

Good idea, do you know codes to do this?

Sir_Cr4pDate: Saturday, 2011 March 26, 9:38 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Group: User
[ ]
Quote (Brazen)
inks the threads are ZERO visible

true, however i didnt find that difficult 2 find the link.

Quote (jackass)
Good idea, do you know codes to do this?

Ya ctrl+

jackassDate: Thursday, 2011 March 31, 12:46 PM | Message # 6
Major general
[ ]
I added font size switcher smile

Quote (Brazen)
I seen that some sites have a feature where users can increase the size of the text.

Brazen, hope you like it biggrin

Actually its not a font size switcher, but a stylesheets switcher tongue
There was a problems with font size switcher so I used this http://css-tricks.com/examples/AlternateStyleSheets/

And in CSS added only

Code
.posttdMessage {font-size:small;padding:5px; background:#fafafa url('http://kavkaz-life.ucoz.ru/images/main_top_gradient.png'); background-repeat: repeat-x;}

biggrin

If you need more options, just scream! biggrin

Attachments: 1353738.png (1.1 Kb)

kostovaDate: Saturday, 2011 April 02, 8:52 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
[ ]
Really cool. But I think the previous uCozers' logo would have fit perfectly :P

jackassDate: Saturday, 2011 April 02, 8:57 PM | Message # 8
Major general
[ ]
kostova, our thoughts are different biggrin

BrazenDate: Friday, 2011 April 08, 11:08 AM | Message # 9
Colonel
[ ]
THIS IS FACT, our search box is not visible or big enough for users to see it. Unfortunately, I must inform you all that we must change the top of our design, AGAIN, mostly adding arrows pointing to a search box and some text briefly explaining how to use this amazing search feature (see screen shot below). Also, we HAVE TO create a thread explaining how to use the search feature, and how to look at those search results, because some users just don't see it.

I know that searching is hard and tiring. It just one of those things you wish you never had to do, damn it, who created a search feature?!

There are three exhausting steps our users must take to find what they are looking for.
1st. Find a search box in our forum. (Don't blame them, I couldn't find the search box myself like for two years now)
2nd. Search for specific key words. (The hardest step in my opinion. I tried searching for "how do you install a custom design that I found on some website that i forgot the url to", and guess what, I didn't find anything, can you believe that, what does this say about uCozers forum? It says uCozers forum suck and they have no content!)
3rd. Looking at the search results. (Mmm, looking at it but not seeing, now I am seeing it but not believing thats what I am looking for. I mean come on why would I click a result that is titled "HEEEELP!!!!!!" Lets just create a NEW THREAD smile )

Now, to sum up everything I was saying about changing the top of the site with a screen shot, that took me like an hour to create.

This post inspired by http://ucozers.ucoz.com/forum/7-552-3528-16-1302081597
This post is not to be taken seriously. Just being sarcastic.

Attachments: 7740229.jpg (65.0 Kb)

jackassDate: Friday, 2011 April 08, 8:07 PM | Message # 10
Major general
[ ]
Quote (Brazen)
This post is not to be taken seriously. Just being sarcastic.

tongue first, when I was reading your post Brazen, I was like wacko later surprised after 5 min angry and now haha

Good one biggrin

PS. Are you happy with text resize? biggrin

BrazenDate: Friday, 2011 April 08, 9:57 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
[ ]
Ow good, for a second I thought people will start replying without reading the post all the way. I mean come on, reading have way of the post you already have I thought that this guy fell on his head last night. Anyways, this is one of the writing styles that are used in writing, over reacting over some issue and provide extreme solutions for it.

As for the text resize feature, well I am using it right now. My screen resolution is pretty big, so my text is tiny, and yes, I do use Ctrl + on some websites like Sir_Cr4p suggested above.

jackassDate: Friday, 2011 April 08, 11:53 PM | Message # 12
Major general
[ ]
Brazen, do yo need bigger text? I can add more options smile

BrazenDate: Saturday, 2011 April 09, 1:05 AM | Message # 13
Colonel
[ ]
Actually this text is perfect, for me at least.

uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » General » Announcements & Updates » uCozers Come Back (sml[info])
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyrights uCozers 2009 - 2024 To TOP
Refresh Smileys Manager