New messages Members Forum rules Search
  • Page 1 of 1
uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » Page Editor » uCoz search box doesn't work (sml[Default]search box fail searching page content)
uCoz search box doesn't work
liga21Date: Tuesday, 2009 October 06, 7:13 AM | Message # 1
Font size: A | A |
Private
Group: User
[ ]
in page editor i create personal page and fill it with content,but the content cannot found with standart search or site search ucoz,how make it work?

i found code in http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-highlighter-search ,can it used in ucoz and how?
I've tried to install the code but failed.

BrazenDate: Tuesday, 2009 October 06, 7:45 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrator
[ ]
Quote (liga21)
in page editor i create personal page and fill it with content,but the content cannot found with standart search or site search ucoz,how make it work?

About the uCoz search, did you add tags to your entries? uCoz search uses those tags as the search words in your modules.
When you are adding entry you have a field in there called "Tags:" where you type in the words separated by comma that describe that entry.

LOL With Us! l Game Blog l 3D Autos

"knowledge without wisdom is curse" Alex Seb

liga21Date: Tuesday, 2009 October 06, 9:15 AM | Message # 3
Private
[ ]
Quote (Brazen)
About the uCoz search, did you add tags to your entries? uCoz search uses those tags as the search words in your modules.
When you are adding entry you have a field in there called "Tags:" where you type in the words separated by comma that describe that entry.

but,i'm cannot find "Tags" in personal page (i made at page editor) ,where the "Tags" in personal page?
how about code at http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-highlighter-search ?

BrazenDate: Tuesday, 2009 October 06, 9:25 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
[ ]
Quote (liga21)
but,i'm cannot find "Tags" in personal page (i made at page editor) ,where the "Tags" in personal page?

In your page editor are you using the Site News? If you can provide me the link to your page so that I can see what you really have there. If you are not using any Site News than yes you will need some javasript search box.

http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-highlighter-search
This code only does search for one page (the code he gave does exactly what F3 function does) and I believe you want to search your whole website, am I right?

If we won't able to help you with the uCoz search you can try out the Google search engine http://www.google.com/cse/ but I would suggest for you to let us help you first with the uCoz search.

liga21Date: Tuesday, 2009 October 06, 10:39 AM | Message # 5
Private
[ ]
Quote (Brazen)

In your main page are you using the Site News? If you can provide me the link to your page.

this link to my personal page looking in submenu contruction 1
http://warehouse69.ucoz.com/index/contruction_1/0-16

I've tried change template,remove,install search box,site seacrh
but still fail...!... biggrin
i deleted all page and content because search ucoz cannot find entry /content this page.!
i'm just add 1 page + 1 sub menu for sample

BrazenDate: Tuesday, 2009 October 06, 11:00 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
[ ]
Quote (liga21)
this link to my personal page looking in submenu contruction 1
http://warehouse69.ucoz.com/index/contruction_1/0-16

I see, you are not using Site News that uses tags, there for uCoz search engine wont able to search those pages, after all uCoz search only searches tags as far as I know.

Quote (liga21)
I've tried change template,remove,install search box,site seacrh
but still fail...!...
i deleted all page and content because search ucoz cannot find entry /content this page.!
i'm just add 1 page + 1 sub menu for sample

Ok, you should not have deleted them, why? Mainly because uCoz have its own search engine that crawl your website searching for the tags you have in your entries.
So when you install the uCoz search module or add an entry with tags don't expect for your search to find it right a way, give a week or two for uCoz search engine to crawl your content and update your search box or what ever it does after crawling.

But I could be wrong about this, I don't know maybe they already using something else now.
Anyone here can confirm the idea about uCoz crawling our website for tags and that it is the reason why the search doesn't work in uCoz websites right away.

liga21Date: Tuesday, 2009 October 06, 2:06 PM | Message # 7
Private
[ ]
Quote (Brazen)
I see, you are not using Site News that uses tags, there for uCoz search engine wont able to search those pages, after all uCoz search only searches tags as far as I know.

but in cp site news still active,i just remove it from the menu,now how configure or setting my personal page with site news and make search box read tags my personal page,because entry at personal page nothing tags

Edited Byliga21 - Tuesday, 2009 October 06, 2:17 PM

BrazenDate: Friday, 2009 October 09, 1:18 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
[ ]
Quote (liga21)
how configure or setting my personal page with site news and make search box read tags my personal page,because entry at personal page nothing tags

Fist thank you for the screenshots they clarify a lot of things you are asking, what you call a personal pages are actually index pages and uCoz don't have tags for those kind of pages it only have tags for the modules!

By the way did you install "Site search" in your Control Panel?

liga21Date: Saturday, 2009 October 10, 0:27 AM | Message # 9
Private
[ ]
Quote (Brazen)
By the way did you install "Site search" in your Control Panel?

oh yes, course I had installed site search, but search for content on the personal page still can not be done
oh yeah..how about progress code hyperlink?

Edited Byliga21 - Saturday, 2009 October 10, 0:38 AM

kostovaDate: Saturday, 2009 October 10, 11:11 AM | Message # 10
Colonel
[ ]
The reason your first post code is not working is because the existing library is conflicting with the new one.

liga21Date: Saturday, 2009 October 10, 5:34 PM | Message # 11
Private
[ ]
Quote (kostova)
The reason your first post code is not working is because the existing library is conflicting with the new one.

#kostova : what code?,can you explain i'm not understand

kostovaDate: Saturday, 2009 October 10, 10:59 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
[ ]
Quote (liga21)

i found code in http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-highlighter-search ,can it used in ucoz and how?
I've tried to install the code but failed.

™-»c®yptii©«-™Date: Saturday, 2011 January 15, 0:11 AM | Message # 13
Private
[ ]
If your making an entirely whole new page, your best bet is to start from scratch and and clear the HTML from your Construction Page leaving only the $POWERED$ by Ucoz as its copywrite. For an example, heres my Friends Imposter Generator for Socom FTB2 that he let me have. I Have Modded It To My liking and have removed ALL template scripts so the generator can work properly with the exception of the Ucoz Copywrite of course.

Generator: http://legacyscodez.ucoz.net/index/legacys_modded_imposter_generator/0-6

NOTE: Ive borrowed some of the "Group Icons" for the time being untill i can make my own. I hope you dont mind smile just incase you decide to explore my site :P

uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » Page Editor » uCoz search box doesn't work (sml[Default]search box fail searching page content)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyrights uCozers 2009 - 2024 To TOP
Refresh Smileys Manager