New messages Members Forum rules Search
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: kostova  
uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » Forum » How do I make Expanding the Quote/Code box? (sml[answered])
How do I make Expanding the Quote/Code box?
AltricDate: Thursday, 2010 January 07, 2:50 AM | Message # 1
Font size: A | A |
Major
Group: uCozer
[ ]
I want to know how to edit the quote box, to make it look like the one's here on uCozers. I'm not interested in the color and image in the box as I already know how to do this. I was more interested in the gray-ish border on the top and how to edit the text it contains.

"When you get frustrated, just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."

kostovaDate: Thursday, 2010 January 07, 11:02 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Administrator
[ ]
Simple happy
.bbQuoteName {add:style;}
.quoteMessage {add:style;}
.bbCodeName {add:style;}
.codeMessage {add:style;}

replace add:style with anything you want. Could be a range of css specifications. As for the text inside it, I'm not sure but there is a javascript method for that somewhere on this forum.

The reason I didn't give you uCozers' is because I don't remember the styles I put for it, but I do remember the class names.

kostovaDate: Friday, 2010 January 08, 9:35 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Administrator
[ ]
Quote (Air)
I've been working on a way to make the Quote and Code boxes look a bit better and was wondering out you change the border around the message... I want it to be a solid one color border and the normal code for that doesn't work. Instead it's always an inset/outset (not sure which one) border. Below is a picture.

Here's the code I'm working with.

.codeMessage {background:#353535;font-size:9px;padding:10px;}
.quoteMessage {background:#353535;font-size:9px;padding:10px;}

and even if I change it to this code (below) it still won't appear correctly.

.codeMessage {background:#353535;font-size:9px;padding:10px;border:1px solid #505050;}
.quoteMessage {background:#353535;font-size:9px;padding:10px;border:1px solid #505050;}

There should be a simple override command added to the border's css properties.

Code
border:1px solid #505050 !important;

The reason it's not working is because the actual coding already has an inline style specified, so it takes precedence over any new styles that you may be trying on it.

Also, try this instead.

Code
.codeMessage, .quoteMessage {background:#353535;font-size:9px;padding:10px;border:1px solid #505050;}

There you go Altric, I mean Air.

AltricDate: Friday, 2010 January 08, 10:48 PM | Message # 4
Major
Group: uCozer
[ ]
Well I guess you figured out my name on SF. happy

"When you get frustrated, just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."

uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » uCoz » Forum » How do I make Expanding the Quote/Code box? (sml[answered])
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyrights uCozers 2009 - 2024 To TOP
Refresh Smileys Manager