New messages Members Forum rules Search
  • Page 1 of 1
uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » Coding » PHP » About PHP (sml[Default])
About PHP
SirDarknightDate: Wednesday, 2011 April 06, 6:16 AM | Message # 1
Font size: A | A |
Lieutenant
Group: uCozer
[ ]
Hurrah! yahooooooooo : http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-7887-1
PHP Applied.

What's PHP?
=
PHP is a general-purpose scripting language originally designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages. For this purpose, PHP code is embedded into the HTML source document and interpreted by a web server with a PHP processor module, which generates the web page document. It also has evolved to include a command-line interface capability and can be used in standalone graphical applications. PHP can be deployed on most web servers and as a standalone interpreter, on almost every operating system and platform free of charge. PHP is installed on more than 20 million websites and 1 million web servers.

PHP was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995. The main implementation of PHP is now produced by The PHP Group and serves as the de facto standard for PHP as there is no formal specification. PHP is free software released under the PHP License; it is incompatible with the GNU General Public License (GPL) due to restrictions on the usage of the term PHP.

While PHP originally stood for "Personal Home Page", it is now said to stand for "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor", a recursive acronym.

History Of PHP
=
PHP originally stood for personal home page. Its development began in 1994 when the Danish/Greenlandic programmer Rasmus Lerdorf initially created a set of Perl scripts he called 'Personal Home Page Tools' to maintain his personal homepage, including tasks such as displaying his résumé and recording how much traffic his page was receiving.

Zeev Suraski and Andi Gutmans, two Israeli developers at the Technion IIT, rewrote the parser in 1997 and formed the base of PHP 3, changing the language's name to the recursive initialism PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. Afterwards, public testing of PHP 3 began, and the official launch came in June 1998. Suraski and Gutmans then started a new rewrite of PHP's core, producing the Zend Engine in 1999.They also founded Zend Technologies in Ramat Gan, Israel.

In 2008 PHP 5 became the only stable version under development. Late static binding had been missing from PHP and was added in version 5.3.

A new major version has been under development alongside PHP 5 for several years. This version was originally planned to be released as PHP 6 as a result of its significant changes, which included plans for full Unicode support. However, Unicode support took developers much longer to implement than originally thought, and the decision was made in March 2010 to move the project to a branch, with features still under development moved to trunk.

Changes in the new code include the removal of register_globals,magic quotes, and safe mode.The reason for the removals was that register_globals had given way to security holes, and the use of magic quotes had an unpredictable nature, and was best avoided. Instead, to escape characters, magic quotes may be replaced with the addslashes() function, or more appropriately an escape mechanism specific to the database vendor itself like mysql_real_escape_string() for MySQL. Functions that will be removed in future versions and have been deprecated in PHP 5.3 will produce a warning if used.

Many high-profile open-source projects ceased to support PHP 4 in new code as of February 5, 2008, because of the GoPHP5 initiative,provided by a consortium of PHP developers promoting the transition from PHP 4 to PHP 5.
PHP currently does not have native support for Unicode or multibyte strings; Unicode support is under development for a future version of PHP and will allow strings as well as class, method, and function names to contain non-ASCII characters.

PHP interpreters are available on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, but on Microsoft Windows the only official distribution is a 32-bit implementation, requiring Windows 32-bit compatibility mode while using Internet Information Services (IIS) on a 64-bit Windows platform. As of PHP 5.3.0, experimental 64-bit versions are available for MS Windows.

Please Give Me Some Reputation or Award If My Post Helps You

looneyheadDate: Sunday, 2011 April 10, 0:30 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
[ ]
For uCoz enabling PHP has no use to me unless I can upload PHP files. Do you know when they will allow that?

SirDarknightDate: Sunday, 2011 April 10, 7:32 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
[ ]
They've Already Allowed It. http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-7887-1

BrazenDate: Sunday, 2011 April 10, 11:35 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Administrator
[ ]
looneyhead, you can read more at http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-13078-1

LOL With Us! l Game Blog l 3D Autos

"knowledge without wisdom is curse" Alex Seb

looneyheadDate: Sunday, 2011 April 17, 8:42 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
[ ]
Quote (SirDarknight)
They've Already Allowed It. http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-7887-1

I'm talking about uploading .php files. I've tried doing it on file manager and through FTP and it doesn't let me.

Attachments: 6999923.png (91.0 Kb)

Edited Bylooneyhead - Sunday, 2011 April 17, 8:51 PM

jackassDate: Sunday, 2011 April 17, 9:15 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Administrator
[ ]
http://phpexample.ucoz.net/manual/index_en.html

When activating PHP service for the website, the account is created on a dedicated server. The execution of all PHP-scripts is done there

looneyheadDate: Sunday, 2011 April 24, 10:48 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
[ ]

I do not see this link in my cp.

Added (2011 April 24, 10:48 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Oh you have to pay for it. Greedy people these days........

SirDarknightDate: Monday, 2011 April 25, 7:23 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
[ ]
looneyhead, I don't see that too. read the whole post by natashko again

looneyheadDate: Thursday, 2011 April 28, 7:06 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
[ ]
Quote (SirDarknight)
looneyhead, I don't see that too. read the whole post by natashko again

Huh? I don't get what your saying but I think I know what your trying to say. You have to pay to use PHP just like you have to pay to get the ad banner removed.

I think this is pretty stupid. PHP should be a basic, and should be free, just like you can code javascript, html, and css on uCoz. It is a type of coding, it is wrong to make you have to pay for it when they should have had it in the first place.

Attachments: 0576526.png (306.7 Kb)

Edited Bylooneyhead - Thursday, 2011 April 28, 7:12 AM

uCoz Support Forum by uCozers » Coding » PHP » About PHP (sml[Default])
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyrights uCozers 2009 - 2024 To TOP
Refresh Smileys Manager